$33M transformation of an office building to a 12 Story 184,000 sq/ft upscale hotel focuses on making guests feel at ease.
Innovative Construction. The new Luxury Renaissance Hotel at Mayfair focuses on making guests feel at ease.
Uihlein Electric is contracted to join the team responsible for remodeling an 11 story office building into a new 12 story Renaissance Hotel. The first of its kind in Milwaukee. Located on the northeast corner of N. Mayfair Road and W. North Avenue, the Marriott property will house 196 rooms, a bar/restaurant, and a grand ballroom. Slated to open the summer of 2020, the hotel will be a draw for business travelers, weddings, and guests from surrounding communities seeking to enjoy the areas many entertainment venues.
Amid nationwide restrictions, construction is still in full swing. Uihlein’s role provided design-build electrical and data cabling construction for the project. Working closely with developer HKS Holdings, contractor C.D. Smith, and architect Kahler Slater, the work Uihlein is performing includes standard and emergency power systems, installation of interior and exterior lighting, lighting controls, fire alarm system, commercial amenities, and technology systems.
The Marriott strives to make its guests feel at ease by creating a warm and welcoming environment. Environmentally conscious, the hotel will be outfitted with energy-efficient lighting and a control systems package that delivers both serene ambiance and custom climate control, while also serving to reduce costs associated with facility system maintenance.
• BIM modeling construction
• Pre-fabrication panel design
• Designs/load calculations for power to routine and emergency systems
• Coordination study
• System generator with life safety and optional standby capabilities
• Arc fault and GFCI code-compliant design
• Designs / hospitality-required lighting
• Designs/code compliant egress lighting
• Design of total system – use of dimming option
• 0-10 volt
• ELV controls
• Energy-savings systems design, meeting energy codes for
• Room key cards
• Daylight sensors
• Motion sensors
Fire Alarm System
• High-rise design-build
• 2-way radio communication
• Code-compliant system for hearing impaired
• Main service line-side connection
• Transfer switch with generator back up connection
• Fire alarm monitoring system
• Commercial kitchen appliance electrical install
• Bar/restaurant appliance electrical install
• Event and Ball Room system wiring and switch boxes
Exterior Lighting Design
• Pole lights
• Ground accent lighting
• Building accent lighting
• Speakers for music and paging
• Voice data cabling
• Access control systems
• Intercom systems
• Radio repeater